Sunday, October 10, 2010

Masochist

I saw a hundred faces, each one betrayed the last-
Each longing and hungry and wasted, and haunted by the past.
I tried to find a home for them, I tried to make them whole,
Yet they stung and never blessed, I gave it all each time they stole.

In darkness I'll cling to the pain and in it seek my peace,
It's daylight that speaks of terror and knows little of release.
Close to my heart I place the dagger, close to my heart it's safe,
The deeper the cut, the better I'll feel- here in my pain I wait.

But torn from the arms of my "succor"; bleeding, though finally alone,
No anger to guide me, no bitter can find me, no path, no way is shown.
Now naked and lonely I start anew, though wild the angry sea,
So naked I stand to greet the dawn- I'm naked, yes-
but I'm free!

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful, becca. I lurv it. And I miss you :(

    ReplyDelete